Our annual survey shows that most customers prefer to pay with cards online.
This means that offering your customers to pay with cards, will most likely also increase your webshop conversion rate. What cards you should offer in your webshop depends on which market you are aiming for and what target group you have.
- Visa and Mastercard are the most common international cards
- Maestro and VisaElectron are especially popular among the youth and students
- American Express cardholders spend 5 times as much online compared to other card holders
When your customers shop online and pay with their VISA or MasterCard, you can make an extra security check by letting them go through a 3D secure check.
Supported card payments
VISA & MasterCard
Card payments are still very popular - especially online payments with VISA and Mastercard
- VISA and MasterCard are the most common cards for online payments
- All banks and acquirers support VISA & MasterCard
- This payment card is hugely popular all over the world
- Customers using American Express spend five times as much compared to other card holders
Maestro & Visa Electron
- International debit cards from VISA and MasterCard
- Especially popular among youth and students
Dankort is the most preferred online payment method in the Danish market
- Dankort holds a strong position in the Danish market
- Concidered one of the safest card payments online
- Funds are withdrawn instantly from your customers account
- This Japanese card is accepted in 190 countries and has 80 million cardmembers
- Great reputation for providing high-quality service
- Open your door to more than 9 million cardholders customers
- Customers using Diners Club tend to spend more and use their card for both business and pleasure
- Boost sales
- Increase customer loyalty
How does it work?
In your webshop, the customer adds various items to their shopping basket, and clicks to checkout and pay.
- DIBS Payment Window will appear, and the customer can make a safe and easy payment by selecting their preferred payment method. With our latest version, built with responsive design, the DIBS Payment Window is automatically adjusted to fit the screen of the device accessing it.
- When the payment is made, the payment status can easily be followed in the DIBS administration system - also giving you the opportunity to make refunds, create reports and much more.
Accept payments online in 3 easy steps
DIBS has a wide range of payment methods. Depending on which markets you are aiming for, and what target groups you are approaching, the mix of payment methods offered to the customers should vary.
We will give you the right counselling and guidance to make the payment methods suit your business.
In order to accept payments in your web shop, you need an agreement with a financial partner, as well as DIBS. It is the financial partner who manages transactions and pays the settled amount on your bank account.
DIBS has many financial partners that can accept different kinds of payment methods.
Once the contract is signed with the financial partner, all the information will be sent directly from them to DIBS. This minimizes the administrational work for you.
Please ask us for advice if you are uncertain of which financial partner to use.